Our SiteManagement Improvement Library Management Glossary Management Blog Books Calendar Career - Jobs Conferences Seminars
Curious Cat Management Improvement: Improving Health Care
- Institute for Healthcare Improvement An excellent site for those interested in Quality Management in a Health Care environment.
- Public Sector Continuous Improvement Site Management improvement portal for the public sector by John Hunter (I manage the Curious Cat site too). Topics include customer focus, process improvement, six sigma, quality management, lean thinking, systems thinking...
- Associates in Process Improvement Consulting firm with Provost, Langley, Norman, Moen and Nolan. Authors of the excellent: Improvement Guide.
- Process Improvement Course at George Mason University Excellent information available online.
- American Academy of Family Physicians - Online Quality Initiative Interesting site with unique content. AAFP members may also participate in a email discussion group. Annotated lists of suggested books, resources, articles...
- Daily Kaizen "This blog is an experiment. We intend to track the journey of a world-class health care system as it continuously improves to serve its members."
- NHS Improvement Network The United Kingdom National Health Service Improvement Network site.
- Ohio State University College of Dentistry Clinical Quality Management Program small site that lists oucome measures they use, links to online resources, etc.
- Healthcare Performance Partners "HPP educates and trains executives and staffs on the principles of LEAN Healthcare then guides clients throughout the implementation phase so that LEAN becomes a way of life in daily operations." The site also offers several articles on lean thinking as well as a blog.
- Curious Cat Management Blog - Health Care Feed Health Care feed of our blog focused on management articles on topics including: Deming, lean thinking, six sigma, statistical tools, innovation, leadership, systems thinking, customer focus and continuous improvement.
- National Institutes of Health - Office of Management Assessment
- American Health Information Management Association - Quality Management Section
- Quality Leaders Network A resource for professionals in the Public and Private Social Service Sectors as they help their organizations meet accreditation standards, develop teams, improve processes and measure outcomes.
- Managing for Quality - UNICEF Manager's Electronic Resource Center, Management Sciences for Health.
Books on Improving the Health Care System
- Measuring Quality Improvement in Healthcare New Strategies for Quality Improvement by Raymond G. Carey and Robert C. Lloyd, 1990.
View reviews or add your review
- New Rules : Regulation, Markets, and the Quality of American Health Care by Donald M. Berwick and Troyen A. Brennan, 1995.
- Using Designed Experiments to Shrink Health Care Costs by M. Daniel Sloan, 1996. "this remarkably lucid book? shows how the use of experimental designs catalyze the improvement of health care" - Dr. George Box.
- Curing Health Care New Strategies for Quality Improvement by Donald M. Berwick, A. Blanton Godfrey and Jane Roessner, 1990. The classic book on Quality Management for Health care.
- Six Sigma Beyond the Factory Floor: Deployment Strategies for Financial Services, Health Care, and the Rest of the Real Economy by Ron D. Snee and Roger W. Hoerl, 2004. Highly Recommended. The book is authored by two of the leading practictioners and they do an excellent job of providing their experience and insight on implimenting Six Sigma.