- Hipmunk - Excellent, easy, uncluttered interface to find and view flight options. Then you link offsite to make a purchase. Excellent design and usability. By one of the co-founders of Reddit.
- Consumerist - Great site. Read about (mostly) poor customer service. Find out what companies to avoid doing business with unless for some reason you like being mistreated by poorly run companies.
- Book Depository - UK based book seller with free shipping worldwide.
- Zappos - Mission: to provide the best customer service possible. They were purchased by Amazon in 2009.
- Etsy - Platform to find many interesting offerings from artisans (cloths, jewelry, toys, art...)
- Pad Mapper - Well designed site that overlays rental matches on a map based on your criteria (number of bedrooms, price...). Uses Craigslist and other listings.
- Customer Service Scoreboard - The data from these voluntary review sites have issues, but they do also provide some benefit. And you can read the reviews for greater detail.
Curious Cat Web Directory: shopping sites
|Curious Cat guides you to the best online sites. The sites we list are excellent but our directory is not meant to be comprehensive.|
We individually select resources and create topical guides to help you find exceptional resources. Often search engines do a great job, but, at times it is difficult to find the best resources in the huge quantity of results they provide. This is our attempt to help find those excellent resource quickly for a small set of topics.
Suggest an addition to Curious Cat Cool Online Connections. Sites must offer a superior experience. We look first for great content and ease of use and then a cool look and feel. So unique sites, with great content, that are easy to use, but lack great looks can make it. However sites without great, easy to navigate, content will not be listed.