- this American Life - This weekly public radio show is produced by Chicago Public Media, distributed by Public Radio International, and has won all of the major broadcasting awards. It is the most popular podcast (based on number of downloads).
- PRI's The World - A one-hour, weekday radio news magazine offering a mix of news, features, interviews, and music from around the globe. Co-produced by WGBH/Boston, Public Radio International, and the BBC World Service.
- Radiolab - "Big questions are investigated, tinkered with, and encouraged to grow. Bring your curiosity, and we'll feed it with possibility."
- A History of the World in 100 Objects - BBC podcast based on objects from the British Museum.
- In Our Time - By the BBC: Melvyn Bragg and his guests discuss the history of ideas - including topics drawn from philosophy, science, history, religion and culture.
- 12 Byzantine Rulers - This history lecture podcast covers the little known Byzantine Empire through the study of twelve of its greatest rulers. Mr. Brownworth, author of Lost to the West: The Forgotten Byzantine Empire That Rescued Western Civilization, taught History at The Stony Brook School on Long Island, New York.
- A Short History of Japan -
- China History Podcast -
- Africa Past and Present - "Africa Past and Present is a podcast about history, culture, and politics in Africa and the diaspora. The show highlights interesting and significant people, ideas, and discussions in African Studies from a wide range of disciplines and perspectives. Our mission is to broaden the availability and accessibility of cutting-edge knowledge relating to African experiences and to do so in a down-to-earth and informed manner. Shows feature interviews with eminent scholars and persons, commentary on current events, and issues and debates of relevance to Africans at home and abroad. Africa Past and Present is hosted by Michigan State University historians Peter Alegi and Peter Limb"
Curious Cat Web Directory: podcasts sites
|Curious Cat guides you to the best online sites. The sites we list are excellent but our directory is not meant to be comprehensive.|
We individually select resources and create topical guides to help you find exceptional resources. Often search engines do a great job, but, at times it is difficult to find the best resources in the huge quantity of results they provide. This is our attempt to help find those excellent resource quickly for a small set of topics.
Suggest an addition to Curious Cat Cool Online Connections. Sites must offer a superior experience. We look first for great content and ease of use and then a cool look and feel. So unique sites, with great content, that are easy to use, but lack great looks can make it. However sites without great, easy to navigate, content will not be listed.